NHS Guidance receives and posts a number of scholarship opportunities. All possible scholarships are not sent to high schools. check with parent and student employers, organizations in which parents or students have membership, churches, and newspaper articles. The majority of scholarships are focused during the senior year, but some are open to younger students. Money opportunities open to freshmen, sophomores,and juniors are posted as "Contests."
When scholarship information is received by Northwestern, the materials are available as an attachment to students below the scholarship description. If scholarships can not be downloaded, they may be requested by number in the guidance department. Scholarship materials are also summarized and posted on the senior scholarship bulletin board in the hallway outside of the Guidance Department.
If scholarship applications need official transcripts, they need to be mailed through the high school. The completed materials, appropriate envelope, and stamps should be given to the student's counselor two days before the due date. This allows the optimum processing of the materials to ensure deadlines are met.
Students needing letters of recommendation for applications should provide the person writing the letter with direction on what kind of information is being requested. If the writer is to mail the letter, provide an addressed stamped envelope.
Knights of Pythias Visual Arts Contest
The Knights of Pythias/ Visual Arts Contest entitled "Stay Alive, Don't Text and Drive", is open to any student enrolled as a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in Public High School.
Rules and Regualtions
1. Poster may be on any color cardboard, 14 inches X 22 inches uniformly. DO NOT DEVIATE
2. Any two-dimensional medium may be used. (computer graphics, photography, stenciling, drawing, painting, etc.)
3. All art must be ORIGINAL. No copyrighted material may be used in the development of, or in the actual entry.
4. On the front of the Poster near the botton, in letters not over 1/4 inch high must appear the following
"SPONSORED BY THE FRATERNAL ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS OF PYTHIAS"
5. NEW: New this year will be two contests in one. There will be equal prizes given for computer generated posters and for hand painted or drawn posters. This change should create a lot of new interest in 2016 contest!
6. The local Lodge will be in charge of the local contest in the jurusdiction. The local Lodge must recieve all entries by April 1st, and will then determine the local winner.
7. All poster entered in any and all contests become the property of the Knights of Pythias.
State Level Prizes
First Place $1000
Second Place $500
Third Place $250
4th thru 8th $100 each
SAMI Shirley Martin Scholarship
The Songwriters’ Association of Mid-north Indiana (SAMI) is accepting applications for the 2019 Shirley Martin Scholarship for Young Songwriters, which includes the Mike Lane Horizon Award. The scholarship and awards are for songwriters age 14 to 19, who live in any of these Indiana counties: Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Montgomery, Newton, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Warren or White and are a permanent resident of Indiana.
Applications for the scholarship are accepted between now and April 10, 2019. The Scholarship winner receives the following:
Indiana’s Governor's STEM Team Awards
For more information please use the link below: